- 8 ounces medium-wide egg noodles
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces farmer cheese, pot cheese, or cottage cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole, 2 percent fat, or 1 percent fat milk
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cold and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup lingonberry preserves, or cranberry sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar mixed with 1 pinch cinnamon
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the noodles, and boil until cooked through but not mushy. Drain well and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy. Whisk in the cheese, brown sugar, sour cream, milk, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple juice concentrate. Add the drained noodles, butter pieces and lingonberry preserves and mix. Pour into the prepared pan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and bake until the pudding is set and butter is bubbling around the edges, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature, cut into squares and top with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.