Fresh garden vegetables - onion, zucchini, potato and bell pepper - enhance this savory custard
- 1 frozen pie crust (9-inch), thawed
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced leftover baked potato
- 1 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, optional
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly prick side of pie crust with fork. Bake 5 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 to 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain; pat dry with paper towel. Add potato to vegetables; spoon vegetable mixture into crust.
3. Combine Egg Beaters, milk, oregano and basil. Season with black pepper, if desired. Pour over vegetable mixture. Cover edge of crust with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning.
4. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 6 slices.
One small red skin potato may be used in place of leftover baked potato. Scrub and pierce potato. Microwave in center of oven on HIGH about 35 to 45 seconds or until tender. Let stand 1 minute; cut into small cubes.