Garlic Chicken and Fruit Ragout
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1 can (14-ounce) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup dried Mediterranean apricots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (recommended: Cointreau)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Heat a large frying pan to medium high heat, then add olive oil. When oil is hot, add the chicken thighs and cook, turning, about 12 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown on all sides and fork can be easily inserted. Remove chicken from pan and drain off any excess oil. Place onion in pan and saute over medium heat for 2 minutes; add garlic and saute for an additional minute. Slowly add chicken stock, scraping pan to dissolve bits clinging to the bottom. When chicken stock begins to bubble, add ginger, allspice, cloves, salt, black pepper, chipotle chili, lemon juice, mustard, apricots, raisins, and cranberries. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes, then add chicken; continue to simmer until chicken is cooked and the liquid reduced to a light syrup, about 15 minutes. Add the liqueur to the frying pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Remove from heat and add chopped walnuts. Serve over rice.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chicken Breasts with Glazed Peaches and Fennel and Corn Muffins in Poblano Cups, Jake's Keawe-smoked Chicken Halves served with Jake's Smoked Pineapple-Mango Salsa, Chile Chicken Skewers, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Frying, Chicken, Chicken Piccata Recipes, Fruit Dessert, Easy Stir-Frying