Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Fresh Chives
- 4 large red bliss potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic. Pour over enough water to cover and set pan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
Drain and return potatoes and garlic to cooking pot. Add buttermilk and mash until large lumps disappear. Fold in parsley, chives, salt, and pepper.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray