- 8 tomatoes, cored and finely chopped (juice reserved)
- 2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded and diced
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except mint and parsley. In batches if necessary, ladle about 1/3 of the soup into a food processor and pulse, leaving mixture somewhat lumpy. Add back to the unpureed soup and continue until desired consistency is achieved. Reseason if necessary. Add herbs and stir. Ladle into chilled soup bowls and garnish with dollop of creme fraiche and additional herbs.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.