- Topping mixture:
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, cored, seeded, trimmed, and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, trimmed, and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup red onion, peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup red and yellow pear tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 to 16 large shrimp, peeled, deveined, butterflied, poached, and chilled
- 6 to 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 6 to 8 wedges lime
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the soup. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Transfer to a food processor and pulse until almost pureed, leaving a little texture. Season with salt and pepper. Return to bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Prepare topping mixture. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed. To serve: Ladle 10 to 12 ounces into chilled soup plates. On a large serving spoon, place 1/4 cup of the topping mixture, top with 2 shrimp, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro. Carefully place in the center of the plate of soup. Place a wedge of lime on the rim of the plate.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.