Gazpacho served in Bell Peppers
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 2 scallions
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup lightly packed cilantro, stems discarded before measuring
- 1 to 2 jalapeno chiles, seeds removed
- 1/2 cucumber, skinned, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned tomato juice
- 4 bell peppers, any color, or assorted colors, tops sliced off, seeds and membranes hollowed out
Core tomatoes, then cut a small "X" at the bottom. Drop tomatoes into a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds. Remove, let cool for a minute, then peel off the skins. Dice tomatoes.
Roughly chop remaining veggies, then toss in a large bowl along with oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Transfer small batches to a blender or food processor and blend until mixture is a coarse liquid. Transfer to a bowl and add tomato juice. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Serve in hollowed out bell peppers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.