B.E.L.T (Bacon, Egg, Lettuce and Tomato)
- 4 slices beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 slices boule or country bread (3/8 inch thick), toasted
- 6 slices crispy cooked smoked bacon
- 4 leaves gem lettuce
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Heat a large nonstick pan, add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and place 2 ring molds in the pan. Crack the eggs into the molds, reduce the heat to low and cover. Cook over low heat until the whites have cooked through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with chives.
Spread the mayonnaise on each slice of toast. Divide the bacon, lettuce and tomato between the bread slices. Place an egg on top of each sandwich and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian