Hummus with Sesame
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- For serving: carrot sticks, celery sticks and pita chips
Combine the beans, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped and incorporated. With the motor running, add the olive oil and sesame oil. Thin with 1/4 cup water or more until the desired consistency. Season the hummus with salt and pepper.
To serve: Spoon the hummus into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika. Serve with carrot sticks, celery sticks and pita chips.
Recipe courtesy of Geoffrey Zakarian