Snow Pea and Ricotta Crostini
- 3 cups snow peas, tips trimmed, finely julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon,
- 2 tablespoons chopped marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chardonnay vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced shallots
Bring a pot of water to a boil; prepare an ice-water bath. Blanch the snow peas for 30 seconds in the boiling water, then transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
In a medium saute pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Toast the baguette slices in the pan until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side; drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. While still warm, rub the sides of the toast with the garlic cloves to season.
Combine the ricotta and lemon zest and juice in a small mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the ricotta among the toasts.