- 10 bacon slices
- 2 pounds peeled, deveined tail-on jumbo shrimp (called U-15 in chef-speak)
- 1/2 cup Louisiana hot sauce (not Tabasco)
- 3/4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 4 ribs celery, cut into sticks
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- Equipment: 30 wooden toothpicks
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange the bacon on baking sheet and bake until half-cooked, about 6 minutes. Let cool and cut each slice into thirds. Reserve the baking sheetdont drain the fat.
Stretch 1/3 of a bacon slice tightly around the center of each shrimp, and secure with a toothpick. Arrange the shrimp on the reserved baking sheet and bake until just cooked through and the bacon is crispy, about 6 minutes more. Immediately transfer the shrimp to a bowl and gently toss with the hot sauce.