George's Artichoke Tuna Salad
- 2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped, white and green parts
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 6 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings. Use as a sandwich filling with your favorite bread. It makes a great open-faced tuna melt by topping the tuna with cheese and putting it under the broiler for a few minutes. Or mound it on top of cooked slices of eggplant or portobello mushrooms for a breadless treat.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.