German Style Sausage Apple Bake
- 6 Granny Smith or Jonathan apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 pounds pre-cooked bratwurst or kielbasa
- 2 teaspoons butter, or to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella or Jack cheese (optional)
Peel, core and slice apples. Layer apples and sausage on the bottom of a 9 by 13 by 2-inch casserole dish and dot with butter. Then layer the onions, potatoes, bell peppers and zucchini. Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 1 hour. Once casserole is cooked, cover the top with cheese and bake until melted.
The recipes for this program, which were provided by contributors and guests who may not be professional chefs, have not been tested in Food Network's kitchens. Therefore, Food Network cannot attest to the accuracy of any of the recipes.
Recipe courtesy Bev Ban
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse