Get Fresh Cafe Meatloaf
- 3 pounds grass-fed ground beef (antibiotic and hormone free)
- 2 cups homemade or store-bought tomato sauce, or ketchup
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced red or green pepper
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 3 slices whole wheat bread moistened with water
- 3 free-range natural eggs (antibiotic and hormone free)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Oil a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan.
Combine the beef, 1 cup tomato sauce, celery, onions, bell peppers, molasses, granulated garlic, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon rosemary, sage, fresh garlic, bread and eggs in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Pack firmly into the prepared pan. Slam the pan open-side down on a sheet pan. Pat and form into a meatloaf. Put in the oven and cook 45 minutes. Remove from the oven. Spread the remaining 1 cup tomato sauce evenly over the top of the loaf. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary over the loaf. Return to the oven until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.