Almond Blueberry Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, about 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a hand mixer. Add egg and beat to incorporate. Add milk, almond extract, and lemon zest.
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the almonds, then the blueberries. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Using two small spoons, dollop mix onto cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Cool the cookies on a wire rack. Save in a storage container to take to the picnic.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay