Amaretto and Raspberry Smoothie
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries (or 12-ounces frozen raspberries, thawed), divided
- 1 quart vanilla gelato (or ice cream), lightly softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur (recommended: Amaretto), divided
- 2 teaspoons orange zest, divided
- 4 Italian macaroon cookies (recommended: Amaretti), divided
Place half the raspberries in a blender with half the ice cream, 1 tablespoon almond liqueur, and 1 teaspoon orange zest. Pulse the blender until the mixture is combined. Add about half a tray of ice and blend until smooth.
Divide the smoothie between 2 highball glasses and continue making the other 2 smoothies with the remaining ingredients. Crumble the macaroon cookies over the top of the smoothies. Serve with long spoons and a straw.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis