Apricot and Salami Scones
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (15-ounce) box plain scone mix (recommended: Ivy Cottage)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 20 dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, to yield about 1 cup
- 6 ounces salami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup buttermilk, chilled
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
In a food processor, combine the scone mix and butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and add the apricots, salami, and thyme. Add the buttermilk and mix until a sticky dough forms. Place 1/3 cupfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the tops start to brown slightly, 16 to 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, about 20 minutes.