Artichoke Pesto on Wagon Wheels
- 1 pound wagon wheels pasta (recommended: Barilla)
- 1 (8-ounce) pack of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed down
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Meanwhile, in a food processor combine the artichokes, parsley, walnuts, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Run the machine to finely chop all the ingredients, stopping the machine a few times to scrape down the sides. Then, with the machine running, drizzle in olive oil. Transfer the artichoke mixture into a large serving bowl. Stir in the cheese. Add the warm pasta and toss to combine. If needed, add the reserved pasta water 1/4 cup at a time to moisten the pasta and create a sauce-like consistency. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.