Beef Pops with Pineapple and Parsley Sauce
- For the Parsley Sauce:
- 3 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- For the Beef Pops:
- 1 1/2 pounds beef fillet, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 40 cubes)
- 1 (2-pound) pineapple, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 40 pieces)
- 20 (8-inch) wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Parsley Sauce: In the bowl of a food processor, blend together the parsley, garlic, vinegar, chili flakes, sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper until smooth. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil until incorporated. Place half of the mixture in a medium bowl. Place the remaining mixture in a small serving bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Beef Pops: Place the beef in the medium bowl with the parsley sauce. Toss well until the beef is coated with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Thread the skewers starting with a piece of pineapple, then a cube of beef. Repeat with another piece of pineapple and another cube of beef. Continue with the remaining skewers. Grill the skewers for 2 to 3 minutes each side (for medium rare) or until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay