Blended Cherry Mojitos
- 1 pound bag frozen pitted cherries
- 2 cups crushed ice, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1 cup citrus flavored rum
- 1 2/3 cups Lime Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- Lime wedges and fresh cherries, for garnish
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 limes, zested
Pour the mixture into chilled glasses and top with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedges and cherries.
Lime Simple Syrup
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and lime zest over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool for 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Yield: 1 2/3 cups
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis