- 1 pound bag frozen pitted cherries
- 2 cups crushed ice, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice, from about 3 limes
- 1 cup citrus flavored rum
- 1 2/3 cups Lime Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- Lime wedges and fresh cherries, for garnish
Put the frozen cherries, crushed ice, mint leaves, lime juice, rum, and simple syrup in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture into chilled glasses and top with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedges and cherries.
- Lime Simple Syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 limes, zested