- Butter, for greasing the loaf pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting the loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and coarsely mashed to yield about 3/4 cup of mashed banana
- 1 cup (about 4 ounces) fresh blueberries
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until blended. Stir in the bananas and blueberries. Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove the loaf from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis