Burgers a la Pizzaiola
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4 cup (5 or 6) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds ground sirloin beef
- 8 sourdough rolls, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Topping suggestions: shredded cheese, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil leaves, sliced tomatoes, marinara sauce, prosciutto, sliced olives, roasted red bell peppers, lettuce leaves, arugula, ketchup, pesto
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
In a food processor, pulse together the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, cheeses, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Process until blended. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the beef and, using a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until combined. Form the mixture into 8 (4-inch diameter) patties, each about 3/4-inch thick. Grill each side until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Brush the cut side of the rolls with olive oil and grill until lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
Place the burgers on the bottom half of the rolls and add desired toppings. Add the top half of the rolls and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.