Butter Lettuce Salad with Gorgonzola and Pear Dressing
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pear nectar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Half a 6-ounce ripe red Bartlett pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 head butter lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 a large ripe red Bartlett pear, quartered lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts (preferably skinned), toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
For the dressing: In a blender, blend together the oil, pear nectar, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, diced pear, cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
For the salad: Place the lettuce wedges on 4 salad plates. Arrange the avocado, pear slices, hazelnuts and cranberries around the lettuce. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis