Cannellini Beans with Herbs and Prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 ounces prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups arugula or mixed baby greens
Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the sage and thyme. Add the tomatoes. Increase the heat to medium-high and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the beans. Simmer until the tomatoes are tender and the juices evaporate by half, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the prosciutto, being careful not to overcook the prosciutto. Season the beans, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.