- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) mascarpone cheese, a room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 pitted (12 ounces) Medjool dates
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
- Special equipment: 16 toothpicks or cocktail picks
In a small bowl, mix together the cheeses and basil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Gently pull the dates apart and spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture inside. Close the dates around the filling. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each date and secure with a toothpick.
Arrange the stuffed dates on a platter and serve.