Chicken and Arugula Pita Pockets
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, halved and opened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup Arugula Pesto, recipe follows
- 2 store-bought rotisserie chicken breasts, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Arrange the pita halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until warmed through.
In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and Arugula Pesto. Stir in the diced chicken.
To assemble the pita pockets, fill each pita half with the chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and 1/4 cup arugula and serve.
For the pesto, blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen