- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal, such as Nature's Path Crispy Rice
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped
- One 4-ounce chocolate bar, finely grated
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
Whisk the honey, vanilla, butter and egg together in a 5-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the rice cereal, cranberries and almonds until combined. Let the mixture cool for 45 minutes.
Place the grated chocolate in a small bowl.
Firmly press the rice mixture together into 36 balls, each about 1-inch in diameter, using slightly damp hands. Roll the cookies in the chocolate until coated and place on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis