Crab Salad Napoleons with Fresh Pasta
- 12 ounces fresh pasta sheets
- 1 cup mayonnaise, plus extra for pasta sheets
- 1 bunch fresh chives, chopped (about 1/2 cup), reserving 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for garnish
- 1 pound lump crab meat (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (about 6 ounces)
- 1 lemon, zested, for garnish
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Drain pasta and cool under cold running water. Cut each sheet into 4-inch squares. Each Napoleon will require 3 (4-inch) squares.
To assemble the Napoleons, begin with 1 sheet of pasta on a plate. Spread a small spoonful of prepared mayonnaise on the pasta sheet. Top with 1/4 cup of the crab salad and gently spread the salad out to the edges of the pasta. Top with another sheet of pasta. Spread another spoonful of the prepared mayonnaise mixture on the pasta sheet. Top with another 1/4 cup of the crab salad and gently spread the salad out to the edges of the pasta sheet. Top with a final pasta sheet. Top with a small dollop of the crab salad. Sprinkle the top with a pinch of lemon zest, a pinch of chives, and a grind of black pepper.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Hearts of Palm and Stone Crab Salad with Avocado-Buttermilk Dressing, Crab Salad with Orange and Oregano on Grilled Sourdough, Roasted Beet and Crab Salad, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Ravioli Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Split Pea Soup Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.