Crispy Zucchini and Potato Pancakes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus leaves, for garnish
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 1/2 cups mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet, liberally, with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside
Lay the potatoes and zucchini on 2 kitchen towels. Bring the corners of the towels together and squeeze out the moisture from the vegetables. Place the vegetables in a large bowl. Add the garlic, chopped rosemary, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg whites, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the vegetable mixture to the pan. Using a spatula, press the mixture evenly into the pan. Drizzle the top with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Cook for 8 minutes or until the edges of the mixture begin to brown. Slide the pancake, cooked side down, onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top of the pancake starts to brown and the edges are crispy.
In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone until smooth and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
More Recipes and Ideas:
The Yukon via Vermont: Yukon Gold Potato Pancakes and Chunky Applesauce, Grilled New Potatoes and Zucchini with Radicchio, Goat Cheese and Aged Sherry Vinaigrette, Broiled Zucchini and Potatoes with Parmesan Crust, Heart Healthy Recipes, Biscuit, Antipasti Recipes, Healthy Snack Recipes, Vegetarian Recipes, Low-Carb Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.