Crostata with Raspberry Jam
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Flour for dusting, as needed
- 1 jar (3/4 cup) raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- Powdered sugar, for dusting, optional
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Mix the flour, sugar, and lemon peel, in a food processor. Add the butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. Add salt. Pulse in the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until moist clumps form. Gather the dough into a ball; flatten into a disk. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Position the rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to an 11-inch round. Transfer the dough onto a heavy baking sheet that has been lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Stir the lemon juice into the preserve and spread the preserves on top of dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the dough border over the filling to form an 8-inch round, pleating loosely and pinching to seal any cracks in the dough.
Bake the crostata until the crust is golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool. Sprinkle with the almonds and dust with the powdered sugar, if you wish. Slide a metal spatula under the crust to free the crostata from the baking sheet and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis