Curried White Bean Dip
- One 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 packed cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- Zest of 1/2 large lemon
- Whole Wheat Pita Chips, recipe follows
- Whole Wheat Pita Chips
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a food processor, combine the beans, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, cumin, salt, cayenne pepper, garlic and lemon zest. Blend until smooth. Season with salt.
Pour the dip into a serving bowl and serve with Whole Wheat Pita Chips alongside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut each pita bread into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and bake until crisp and golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis
Recipe courtesy of Sunny Anderson