Ginger and Apple Martinis
- 1 1/3 cups Ginger Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 cups 100% apple juice, chilled
- 1 cup dark rum, chilled
- 1/2 cup club soda or sparkling water, chilled
- 1 green or red apple, unpeeled, cored and thinly sliced
- Ginger Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
In a pitcher, combine the simple syrup, apple juice, rum, and sparkling water. To serve, fill a martini shaker with ice and add about 1 cup of the rum mixture. Shake well and pour into martini glasses. Garnish with apple slices and serve.Ginger Simple Syrup:
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and ginger over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool, about 20 minutes. Strain before using.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.