- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 summer squash, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 large Japanese eggplant, cut into 1-inch rounds
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 to 6 slices toasted sourdough bread, optional for main dish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Pour the canned tomatoes into a 3 1/2-quart baking dish and spread to cover the bottom. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients (excluding the bread). Toss to coat. Pour the vegetables over the canned tomatoes in an even layer. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the edges of the vegetables are golden, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve alone as a side, or over toasted sourdough bread for a main dish.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis