Grilled Asparagus and Melon Salad
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 small melon (about 12 ounces), peeled, seeded and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella or burrata cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted* see Cook's Note
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the prosciutto in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Chop the prosciutto into 1/4-inch pieces.
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. In a medium bowl, toss together the asparagus and 2 teaspoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes each side until crisp-tender.
In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the melon and mozzarella cheese and toss until all ingredients are combined.
Arrange the asparagus on a platter. Using a slotted spoon, spoon the melon and burrata cheese on top of the asparagus. Drizzle any remaining vinaigrette over the top. Sprinkle the prosciutto and pine nuts on top and serve.
*Cook's Note: To toast pine nuts, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 8 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Asparagus and Mushroom Salad with Shaved Parmesan, Grilled Steak and Papaya Salad, "Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Tuna Salad Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes, Grilling Recipes, Roasted Beet Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.