Grilled Fish Kebobs with Parsley and Garlic Butter
- 1 (12-ounce) center-cut, skinless salmon steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 20 pieces)
- 1 (12-ounce) center-cut, skinless halibut steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 20 pieces)
- 1 (12-ounce) skinless tuna steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 20 pieces)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Special equipment: 10 (8 or 10-inch) skewers* see Cook's Note
Kebobs: Put the salmon, halibut and tuna in a resealable plastic bag. In a medium bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Pour the oil mixture over the fish and seal the bag. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Thread each skewer with 2 pieces of salmon, 2 pieces of halibut and 2 pieces of tuna, alternating the fish on the skewers.
Butter: In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the butter to the center of a 6-inch-square piece of plastic wrap. Fold the plastic over the butter and form it into a log, about 4-inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Refrigerate until firm, about for 1 hour. Slice the butter into 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices and transfer them to a plate.
Put a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Season the fish with salt and pepper, to taste, and grill the skewers until opaque, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Arrange the skewers on a platter and serve the butter alongside.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to grilling to prevent them from burning,
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Swordfish Kabobs with Fresh Herb Pesto Sauce, Grilled Whole Mediterranean Fish with Aged Sherry-Vinegar-Tarragon Vinaigrette, Grilled Whole Fish with Four Pepper-Ginger Sauce, Easy Main Dish, Easy Baking, Fish Recipes, Easy Dessert, Easy Stir-Frying, Easy Slow Cooking
Thank you! your flag was submitted.