Grilled Panettone with Strawberry Ice Cream and Almonds
- 3 slices (4 ounces total) panettone, each about 4-inches square and 1-inch thick
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, softened, see Cook's Note*
- 3 tablespoons slivered and toasted almonds
- Special equipment: a 2-ounce (1/4 cup) ice cream scoop
Place a grill pan over low heat.
Lay the panettone on a work surface and cut each in half diagonally to make 6 triangles. Using a pastry brush, liberally brush each side of the panettone with the melted butter. Place the panettone triangles on the grill for 30 to 45 seconds until crisp and toasted.
Transfer the triangles to 6 serving plates. Place 1 scoop of ice cream on top of each triangle. Garnish with the slivered almonds and serve immediately.
*Cook's Note: You can substitute the strawberry ice cream with your own favorite flavor of ice cream, gelato, or frozen yogurt.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell