Grilled Pork and Fontina Sandwiches
- 2 (8-ounce) 1-inch thick, boneless pork loin chops
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (1 pound) loaf ciabatta or rustic bread, ends trimmed, cut in 1/2 horizontally
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces fontina cheese, cut into (1/4-inch thick) slices
Put a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Drizzle the pork chops on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle both sides with the herbs de Provence and grill for 10 minutes. Turn the chops over and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 160 degrees F. Transfer the chops to a cutting board and let them rest for 10 minutes. Slice each chop into 6 (1/4-inch thick) slices.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, basil, lemon zest, and lemon juice until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
To assemble the sandwiches: Lay the bottom half of the bread on a work surface and spread with 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture. Add the lettuce leaves, arrange the cheese slices on the lettuce and top with the pork slices. Spread the top half of the bread with the remaining mayonnaise mixture and cover the sandwiches. Slice the loaf into 4 pieces and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Braised Pork Belly Sandwich with Pesto Mayo, Peppered Pork and Parmesan Flatbread Sandwiches, Grilled Pork Chops with Lemon Shallot Chutney, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Pork Tenderloin Recipes, Pork Recipes, Grilled Pork Chop Recipes, Sweet and Sour Pork Recipes, Pork Loin Recipes