Grilled Vegetable, Herb and Goat Cheese Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed and discarded, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 2 Japanese eggplants, ends trimmed and discarded, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1 (12 1/2-ounce) baguette, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 cup (6 1/2 ounces) goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper. Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a medium bowl. Add the zucchini and eggplant and toss until coated. Place the vegetables on the grill pan or grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until tender. While the vegetables are cooking, spread the olive oil mixture on the baguette halves. Using a spatula spread the goat cheese over the olive oil mixture. Place the cooked vegetables on the bottom half of the baguette. Arrange the spinach on top of the vegetables. Place the top half of the baguette over the filling.
To serve, cut the baguette into 4 sandwiches. Serve immediately or wrap in parchment paper and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.