Italian Hot Fudge Sundae
- 1 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or gelato
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Bring 2/3 cup of cream and espresso to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the sauce is smooth.
Beat the remaining 1 cup of cream, adding powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, and almond extract in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Scoop the ice cream into bowls. Top with the warm fudge sauce, whipped sweetened cream, and nuts.
Click here to see how it's done.