Italian Hot Fudge Sundae
- 1 2/3 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or gelato
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
Bring 2/3 cup of cream and espresso to a simmer in a heavy medium saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the sauce is smooth.
Beat the remaining 1 cup of cream, adding powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, and almond extract in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Scoop the ice cream into bowls. Top with the warm fudge sauce, whipped sweetened cream, and nuts.
Click here to see how it's done.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.