Lemony White Bean and Arugula Salad
- 5 packed cups (5 ounces) arugula
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini or great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Salad: In a large salad bowl, combine the arugula, beans, red onion, and capers.
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup and lemon zest. Slowly whisk in the oil until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat. Serve.