Linguine with Avocado and Arugula Pesto
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 2 medium avocados, halved, peeled, and seeded (about 12 ounces total)
- 3 cups baby arugula leaves (3 ounces)
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 large limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (see Cook's Note)
Cook's Note: To toast the almonds, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 6 to 8 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool completely before using.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place in a serving bowl.