Linguine with Shrimp, Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 12-ounce bags cherry tomatoes, stemmed and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 3 large cloves garlic, flattened and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, stalks cut on a diagonal into 1 to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until aromatic. Add the wine and asparagus. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the shrimp with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add the shrimp to the pan and continue to simmer until the shrimp is cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the basil, mint and oregano.
Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Alton's Breakfast Carrot Cake(00:03:17)
How to Make 'Whoopeeps'(00:02:18)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.