Mascarpone and Lemon Gnocchi
- 1 cup mascarpone, at room temperature (8 ounces)
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large lemons, zested
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for forming the gnocchi
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, for serving
For the gnocchi: In a large bowl, combine the mascarpone, egg, egg yolk, nutmeg, lemon zest, Parmesan, and salt. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup flour until the mixture forms a soft dough.
Sprinkle a pie pan or rimmed baking sheet with flour. Using 2 small spoons, drop 1 teaspoon-sized pieces of dough into the pie pan. Shake the pan gently to cover the dough with flour. Gently roll the pieces of dough into oval shapes.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a simmer. In batches, carefully add the gnocchi. The gnocchi should sink and then float to the top. As soon as the gnocchi begin to float, cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and place in a large serving bowl.
For the sauce: In a small saucepan, warm the oil and salt over medium-high heat for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the basil. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.