Mini Chocolate Amaretti Cakes
- Butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup bittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup baby amaretti cookies (about 2 ounces)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 4 large eggs
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, for sifting
- Special Equipment: mini cupcake pans
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray mini cupcake pans with the nonstick spray. Refrigerate. Microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds, for about 1 minute.
Combine the almonds and cookies in processor. Pulse until the almonds and cookies are finely ground. Transfer the nut mixture to a medium bowl. Add the butter and sugar to the processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Add the grated orange zest and pulse briefly, until incorporated. Add the eggs 1 at a time. Blend until the eggs are incorporated. Clean the sides of the mixing bowl and blend again. Add the nut mixture and melted chocolate. Pulse until blended. Clean the sides of the bowl. Blend again.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake until the center puffs and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 to 15 minutes.
Transfer mini cakes to a platter. Sift the cocoa powder over and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.