Mini Italian Pub Burgers
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 1/4 pounds ground chuck
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 small ciabatta rolls, sliced in 1/2
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 slices (4 1/2 ounces) Taleggio cheese
- 9 large basil leaves
Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Place the garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the ground chuck, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. Pulse until ingredients are combined. Form the mixture into 9 patties. Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes each side.
Brush the cut side of each roll with the olive oil and toast on the grill for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly golden.
To serve, place 1 mini burger on the bottom half of each of the rolls. Place 1 slice of Taleggio cheese on top of the burgers. Place the basil leaf on top of the cheese and cover with the top half. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, 2008