Olive and Sun-Dried Tomato Vegetables
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- 5 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pitted small black olives, such as kalamata, halved
- 2 tablespoons halved pitted green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt for seasoning, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, ends trimmed and discarded, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 yellow summer squash, ends trimmed and discarded, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch strips
In a medium skillet, heat remaining 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook until translucent and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Add the warm vegetables to the oil mixture and toss until coated.
Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray