Open Faced PLT
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 slices whole-wheat or sourdough bread
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Whisk the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and zest in a small bowl to blend. Set the mayonnaise mixture aside.
Toast the bread on a panini grill or griddle until golden brown. Spread the mayonnaise mixture over each slice of toast. Arrange the prosciutto over the toasts, dividing equally. Top with the arugula, then the tomatoes. Drizzle the oil over the sandwiches, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut the sandwiches into 3 equal pieces and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis