Pancetta and Cinnamon Waffles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus 1/3 cup, plus extra for greasing the waffle iron
- 3 (4-ounce) slices pancetta, about 1/4-inch thick, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 cups Belgian waffle mix (recommended: Krusteaz)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Special Equipment: a Belgian or conventional waffle iron
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the walnuts in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until toasted. Set aside to cool.
Preheat and lightly grease a waffle iron.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until brown and crispy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the pancetta to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, combine waffle mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, cinnamon, and salt. Using a whisk, blend the ingredients together until smooth. Stir in the pancetta. Pour the batter, using the amount recommended by the waffle iron manufacturer's instructions, into the preheated waffle iron. Cook waffles for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown.
Place waffles onto serving plates. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve immediately
Thank you! your flag was submitted.