Pancetta and Parmesan Torte
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (half of 15-ounce package), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta, chopped
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan
Position the rack on the bottom third of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Press the crust into a 9-inch-diameter tart pan with a removable bottom. Trim the edges; set aside.
Heat the oil in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until crisp, about 7 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to paper towels and drain. Beat the cream, milk, eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend. Stir in the cheese and pancetta. Pour the cream mixture into the crust.
Bake the torte until the filling puffs and is golden brown on top, about 25 minutes. Let the torte cool for 15 minutes. Cut the torte into 12 thin wedges and serve.